Monday, July 16, 2012

Way #11 to find Joy - HOPE!




I heard in a sermon once that the original Greek/Arabic/Hebrew/Texan meaning of the word hope is anchor. (Yep, I don't remember the language - but I do remember the meaning.) When we have hope, we have an anchor that will keep us rooted in God when the storms blow us around.

I like that. When I have hope, I stand firm.

A great way to find joy is to reaffirm in yourself that you do indeed, have hope.

The Bible says a lot about hope.

Lamentations 3:25 "The Lord is good to those whose hope is in him, to the one who seeks him."

We can easily put our hope in our bank account, our talents and even our religious practices, but the Word of God tells us to put our anchor deep into the LORD.

Read the first few verses of Romans 5 and you'll see that Paul exhorted us to to rejoice in our suffering because it leads to perseverence which leads to character which leads to HOPE and hope doesn't disappoint.

Affirming our hope can start with keeping a perspective on hard times. Testing our faith is vital to growing in us hope in Jesus. When we go through difficulties, it is an opportunity to practice hope in Christ.

I love the part of Psalm 16:9 that says, "My flesh shall rest in hope."

I love that image. Hope can be a place of refuge for each of us.

So today, if you want to find joy, take some time and affirm the hope of Christ, an anchor to your soul!

1 comment:

Ocieanna Fleiss said...

Another lovely post. Thanks, Robbie, for reminding me to hope. :)