Tuesday, July 03, 2012

25 Ways to Find Your Joy - #2 - Pour Out Your Heart and Believe!



A couple of years ago, I was driving home late at night and I was quite upset. It was one of those moments when I needed to vent my woes to a friend. I picked up my cell and dialed. No answer from John. No answer from the next 3 friends I called. Exasperated, I started to cry.

God nudged me. Call Me.

In my desperation and pain, I picked up my cell and began to talk. I pretended that God was on the other end. Silly, yes. But a profound moment because my faith kicked in and I knew that He was listening. I poured out my heart and I believed. Joy happened! Not giddy happiness, but peace-filled Joy.

Remember Hannah in 1 Samuel? She couldn't have a child and she was miserable. In the temple, she poured her heart out to God. The priest Eli saw her and thought she was drunk. She probably looked as silly as someone talking in their car on a cell phone to God. :0)

Starting in 1 Samuel 1: 15 Hannah said, " '...I have drunk neither wine nor intoxicating drink, but have poured out my soul before the Lord...' Eli answered...'Go in peace and the God of Israel grant your petition which you have asked of Him.'...so the woman (Hannah) went away and ate and her face was no longer sad."

Hannah poured out her heart to God and believed. Joy happened!

Today, do you want to find joy? Take some time and just talk to HIM. Pour out your heart like you would a cherished friend over tea. And BELIEVE He hears you and loves you.

Just watch!! The Joy will happen! :0)

No comments: