Friday, July 13, 2012

Way #10 to Find Joy - Live from Your Heart!




Think about your heart. Not the pumping one, but the one that is the mysterious center of who you are as a person. That place in you that beats with the desires and loves of your life. The part that God fills with vision and hope and adventure.

Now think about how you are living. Is your life reflective of what is in your heart? In order to survive, we take on roles. Mother, Worker, Boss, Teacher, Friend. Each is important. But sometimes these roles take center stage in our thoughts and intentions. Each day becomes a list of tasks to fulfill those roles.

But what about that part of you that gives you the JOY, the purpose, the infectious spirit for making your time on earth worthwhile?

Frederick Buechner wrote, "Our original shimmering self gets buried so deep we hardly live out of it at all...rather, we learn to live out of all the other selves which we are constantly putting on and taking off like coats and hats against the world's weather."

Brent Curtis and John Eldredge explain and teach about how to live from your heart in their book, The Sacred Romance. I highly recommend it.

For today, what can you do that will give you a moment of living from your heart? For me, it's writing this post. I LOVE my LIFE! When my fingers hit the keys on the laptop, the serotonin of doing exactly what I am supposed to be doing courses through me and I am delighted with JOY.

Want to find joy today or this weekend? Ask God to help you LIVE FROM YOUR HEART!

No comments: