Friday, September 05, 2008

A New Treasure!



A few months ago, I was walking around a bookstore just looking to see what was new, reading first pages and trying to decide what I should pick up.

And then...Bam! I saw Jan Karon's new book about Father Tim. It's a new series, not the Mitford series. In this book Father Tim goes back to his hometown and rediscovers his roots.

I was so excited. I didn't know it was going to be out so soon.

Do you ever experience that feeling? Maybe when you find something in a store on sale? Joy rises, the simple kind that makes you feel like you just dug up a treasure.

Well, I feel like that right now. I have discovered a website/blog and writer that I love. I have found someone who makes me laugh...at Christians!

We Christians take ourselves way too seriously if you ask me. I think of myself as an "irreverent Christian" and this blog can be incredibly irreverent. I love it!

So check out the treasure I have found in the blog called Stuff Christians Like. The author, Jon is so funny!

Here's the link: http://stuffchristianslike.blogspot.com

Like my date, my link thing isn't working. I've gotta get it fixed!

No comments: