Tuesday, September 16, 2008
It's coming...and I am excited.
Okay, I will admit it. Here I go.
My name is Robbie and I am a Dancing with the Stars addict.
It's been a few months since the last season's show. But next Monday, the thrill ride starts again. Why do I love this show you ask? Why, Robbie, why?
I'll tell you.
1) The Elegance - I love watching the sweeping movements of the Waltz and the pretty precision of the Quick Step.
2) The Competition - It is fun to guess what score the judges will give the stars.
3) The Bonding - The star list is not necessarily A list stars, so I find myself getting to know (in a fan watching TV way, not a stalker way) celebrities I didn't know before. Last season, Marissa Janet Winokur, danced her way to the final four. She is a big girl and showed that dancing doesn't only belong to the slender. I bonded with her! (Once again, not in a stalker kind of way)
4) The Pros - Watching someone who really knows the skill of dancing is a pleasure for me, an artist/writer. I love seeing the gifts of God celebrated. Even if God isn't given credit. I know who the Master Dancer is.
5) The Stars - This season Susan Lucci (Erica of All My Children) is dancing. That will be a hoot to watch. Also Cloris Leachman who is 82 years old is giving it a shot. I admire these women and their courage to do this. They are sending a wonderful message that aging doesn't need to stop the joy of gliding over the dance floor.
So there it is. A true confession. Monday night will be a night of joy dancing in my house!