Friday, November 02, 2012
5 Reasons You Should Buy and Read Jen Turano's A CHANGE OF FORTUNE!
Last night, I finished a great novel.
The basis of Jen Turano's A Change of Fortune: The aristocrat and English Lady Eliza Sumner disguises herself as a governess in America in order to find and catch the man who stole her fortune.
I won't write out a summary of the book. If you want to know it, go to Amazon.com and check out the back cover copy.
What I will tell you is my honest thoughts about this debut novel, written by a lady who lives in Parker, Colorado, not far from me.
LOVED IT!! :0)
Here are 5 Reasons You Should Buy This Book:
1) I finished it in a week - This is not common for me. I am a slow reader and only keep reading if I really enjoy what I am reading.
2) At times, I felt I was watching a lovely old movie or a musical. The main character is Eliza Sumner and I could almost hear her English accent, reminding me of some great movies like Sound of Music or My Fair Lady.
3) At times, I felt like I was reading a story from Jane Austen. Yep, that's right. Jen Turano has a delightful sense of humor and it reminds me of Austen's - a little quirky at times with a whiff of sarcasm. A couple of her characters had me laughing out loud more than once, including the arrogant Lawrence, who reminded me of Mr. Colllins from Austen's Pride and Prejudice.
4) At times, I sensed a bit of a comedy of errors plot line, which, once again, is charming and kept me guessing.
5) THE STORY!!! It is a good story and isn't that why we read? I liked the romance of it, I like the historical tone of it, and I like the humor behind it.
So, there you go. Go now and order A Change of Fortune by Jen Turano!
I give it two thumbs up!!