Monday, June 01, 2009

Some Wonderful Cheap Humor!!



Laughter is good for the soul.

No one would actually debate that. It is a universal truth.

One of the cheapest ways to lighten up your soul is to engage in the art of Punnery. I don't know if that's a word, but if it isn't, it should be. People who pun are quick and clever. They are also incredibly un-hip. People groan at their humor, but punners don't care. We know the same people will probably laugh loudly at our puns when they're alone. Maybe even try to retell it later. We know. :0)

Yesterday the last survivor of the Titanic died. When my friend Kay told me this I replied, "Bummer. I have a sinking feeling about this."

She groaned. But she laughed in private later. I know she did.

Here's a little cheap laughter for your day. I hope. At least in private. :0)

Wanna go golfing? I hate golfing because I'm just no good at it. I have to cheat to win and my brother is always telling me I have to play the fair way. I could club him when he says that. He thinks I'm too green to play anyway. I show him. See, I show up in two pair of pants, in case I get a hole in one of them. I wanted to play last week but I didn't - I wasn't feeling up to par. But I went the next day and couldn't finish. My brother got so teed off.

Groan away. Or laugh. It might be good for your soul.

7 comments:

smithsk said...

Golfing was never my cup of tee either. ;) Susan

Denise Miller Holmes said...

Susan! Now that was a great comment!
Oh yeah, yours was great, too, Robbie. Sorry I have no puns in my head at the moment.
www.redhotread.com

Hilary said...

Hahahhooohoooheehee! I'm one of those that always laughs at puns.

Diane Marie Shaw said...

I hope you where on the ball and used an iron on those two pairs of pants.

Robbie Iobst said...

Thank you for joining me ladies!

Michele Cushatt said...

Horrible, just horrible. Yes, I'm groaning ... reminds me of my dad who'd pass the salad at dinner with a solemn face and twinkle in his eye:

"Lettuce love one another."

[rolling eyes]

Momstheword said...

I love any kind of pun, especially with cream cheese. Oh weight! That's not punny.......