Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Stepping Off the Roller Coaster



The ride has stopped. Queeziness. Dizziness. Excitement that it's over.

My husband John's brain was officially, medically declared just fine.

YAY!

Six weeks ago, I got a call. John had been in a motorcycle accident resulting in a tramautic brain injury. In the past six weeks, he's suffered through a subdural hematoma, a subarachnoid hemorrhage and several punctate contusions to his brain. He developed pulmonary emboli (blood clot) in his lungs and a hematoma and huge owwie (medical term) to his left calf.

It only took 6 weeks. God healed. GOD HEALED!

Now I'm a little unsure just how to get my bearings again. It's time to nurture myself and process the pain. I guess. That's what people close to me have said. So here goes. What do I do? Spa? Shopping Spree? Sleep?

I think the answer is to wait. Just wait on the Lord. He has proven Himself, ONCE AGAIN, to be the Rock of my life. The constant. John could've died or changed into someone I'd never met. It would have been devestating and I don't know how I would've reacted. But I do know that God is my constant. Not John. God was with me when I was 8 and looked up in the West Texas sky and asked if He was really there. God was with me when I held my mother's hand as she died. God will be with me when I breathe my last. He is my Constant. He is my Rock.

So now as I exit the roller coaster I wait in a "I'm not exactly sure what to do now" state. I will be fine. And grateful. And joyous. And I will look around to see if anyone I know is on a roller coaster.

Then I'll cheer and pray for them.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Robbie,

What an incredible thing God has done in your lives! It is great to be in Tuesday morning group with you! Thanks for making me feel so welcome. I also have a ten year old son, love good movies and scrap-booking. I hope we can email sometime. creativeconcepts @ nrp.oom (remove spaces)

Blessings,

Becky

Unknown said...

Robbie, I'm so happy for you. And so proud how you have reflected all goodness and credit right back on God. You are an inspiration.

Much love, Michele

Bonnie Doran said...

So glad to hear God healed your hubby. Thanks for the example to be joyful in all things. I'm not good at that.

I hope to see you at the WFTJ evening meeting on February 24.

Love,

Bonnie Doran

Jan Parrish said...

Praising God with you Robbie!What an excellent testimony to God's love.