Tuesday, October 28, 2008

He's #1 on my List!



"Darn it!"

My husband heard my frustration this morning. "What's wrong, Robbie?"

"I entered this contest on an agent's blog."

"Your agent?"

"No, another one. She announced the top 6 the other day and I didn't make it."

"I'm sorry."

"Well, it really was okay, but today she announced 3 Honorable Mentions. I didn't even make Honorable Mention. Shoot!"

"How many entries were there?"

"Around 88."

"And she picked the top 9?"

"Yes." My shoulders slumped.

"Well, Robbie," John offered, "Can't you be satisfied with being #10? You know every year when People Magazine lists the 50 sexiest men, I have to deal with being #51."

I love my husband.

12 comments:

Desha said...

Wow. That's fantastic. One of the funniest responses of all time. It's way higher than #51 :)

love you and miss you,
D

Jan Parrish said...

ROTFL. That's great. See you tonight?

Robbie Iobst said...

Desha, I love you and miss you!!!! Thanks for laughing with me!

Jan, I will be there!

Kay Day said...

He rocks! And so do you!

Megan DiMaria said...

He's a keeper!

~Megan

D. Gudger said...

That's good!

Karen O'Keeffe said...

Thanks for my daily laugh :)

dianne in colorado said...

I love your husband for saying that! I just got the best laugh I've had all week!

Danica Favorite said...

That's some man!

Danica Favorite said...

I forgot... I gave you an award on my blog, so come pick it up!

tonya said...

Ahh, what a great guy, Robbie. PS I love your writing, keep writing.

Toia said...

I couldn't help but LOL!!
Great answer!!!