Monday, February 18, 2008

Soundtrack



Wouldn’t it be cool to walk through a day with a soundtrack behind you? Like a scene in the movies?

Music almost always evokes emotion. When you hear that scary impending doom music in a movie, you sit up a little and say things like “Don’t go in there!” When you hear a swell of inspirational music, a lump might fill your throat followed a tear in the eye. And I love those scenes where characters are driving across country or down an ocean shore with some toe-tapping happy music.

So what would your soundtrack be? At least what song would be in the background of your life right now? I would love to know.

For me, “I’m Walking on Sunshine” would be the song I would LOVE to hear as I leave the house and go through my day. But it is cold! I guess I am going to go with Frank Sinatra’s “Young at Heart.” It’s a hopeful song, kinda slow, but with a swing. Sounds perfect for me right now.

So what about you?

9 comments:

Jan Parrish said...

It's a Toss up Between Toby Mac's "All In" and "I'm For You."

This summer it was the Newsboys "Something Beautiful" I can almost listen to that without crying.

When I'm really happy I Love, "Feeling so Fly" by Toby Mac.

I also love Point of Grace "How You Live." I just can't decide. Don't make me pick. :)

life is just a one night stand said...

I've always said that any oldies station would be the soundtrack of my life, and if you've read my Blog you know I'm al about music . Had to look at the itunes library to get some ideas and kind of figured the winners were....

Todd Rundgrens, I don't want to work
Van Halens Ice Cream Man
Sonic Flood- Did you feel the mountains tremble

Like anything Subject To Change Without Notice :)

cj marley said...

John Denver "Country Road" or "Born Free".

And that one about "I wanna go home..." (as I sit at my desk).

Robbie Iobst said...

Jan, great choices - I see you in that music!

Ralph, what's your blog's name? I like Oldies stations too!

CJ, Yay John Denver! I tell you, we must be related!

Robbie Iobst said...

Jan, great choices - I see you in that music!

Ralph, what's your blog's name? I like Oldies stations too!

CJ, Yay John Denver! I tell you, we must be related!

Kay Day said...

I took a quiz once that told me "Walking on Sunshine" was my theme song.
I also like "Feeling Groovy", by Simon and Garfunkle.
I love the days those are in the background.
Every day: "How Great Thou Art"

I'm taking Beth Moore's latest study, which is on the Psalms and she said that since God is singing over us and the Angels rejoice over us that we DO have a soundtrack going on through our lives and she hopes when we get to Heaven that God will give us a copy of the CD!

tonya said...

My favorite hymn is "How Great thou Art" I loved that song when I was a little child.
Now, it would be "Potters Hand" I am sure it is the season I am in. Life is constantly being reshaped.

But if I wanted to just describe me, it would have to be some symphony of highs and lows. That's how I live. LOL

life is just a one night stand said...

life is just a one night stand

lifeisjustaonenightstand.blogspot.com/

Robbie Iobst said...

Kay, I love your reference to Zephaniah 3:17 - He will rejoice over you with singing! Amen!

Ralph - I checked out your blog - I like it - very YOU! :0)

Tonya - Symphonies of highs and lows - That would be a great title for a photograph, don't you think, photographer?