March 22nd was a difficult day for me. A couple of days before, my computer crashed. I lost all my files – writing, pictures, all of it. I am still hopeful it can be recovered, but I don’t know. The next day my phone quit working. It was an old phone, so I think it died of natural causes. On March 22nd, our car was diagnosed with an illness that could be cured but only for a whole lot of money. And finally, my son woke up sick.
- After my prayer request on Facebook, I was given lots of encouraging words through Facebook comments and emails.
- My friend Kay called me and made me laugh. A joyful light came over me through the phone.
- I checked my email and found two acceptances to little stories I’d written from a local magazine/newspaper. God knew I needed this.
- His Word talked to me. I read Nehemiah 1:11 and saw that Nehemiah unashamedly asked for favor from God. This prompted me to have a wonderful time of pouring my heart out to God.
- A Facebook buddy of mine, Darryl, asked me about my car and gave me advice about it. So kind and a generous offering of God’s light.
- In the afternoon, I was watching TV and looked through the Guide and saw that “The Waltons” was back on Hallmark. This may be silly to you, but to me it was a gift from Jesus. I LOVE that show and watching it made me happy.
- John and I have some friends, the Vineyards, who are wonderful. Michelle called me and then she and Aaron came over that night, bringing us dinner from Olive Garden and praying for us. Their sweet ministering overwhelmed me with His light.