Thursday, April 08, 2010

Ode to Spring


I love Spring. And it seems to be here in Denver, Colorado. 60ish degrees outside, blue sky, light breeze. Perfect. But do I trust it to stay? Not yet. Spring is very fickle around where I live. It teases us with an appearance and then scurries off behind dark clouds like it wants to play hide and seek. I yell "Ollie ollie oxen free," and still it stays hidden.

But today my windows are open and the screen doors to our patio/balcony are open. Lovely. Absolutely lovely. I hope spring stays. I really do. Friends with allergies don't have the unbridled enthusiasm I possess. I feel bad for them. I really do. But it has been too cold for too long.

I wish I was in charge. I'm glad I'm not. Both emotions mingle and cause me restlessness. God controls the weather. I don't. Just one more aspect of my life I must accept. And accept. And then later...accept.

Blossoms, I await. Patiently. Well, not really. Oh Spring, please stay a while.

4 comments:

Diane Marie Shaw said...

Yes, I too am crying for spring to stay. Everyone says we need the moisture, but moisture doesn't have to come in the form of snow there is a thing called "rain."

smithsk said...

See! The winter is past;
the rains are over and gone.
Flowers appear on the earth;
the season of singing has come,
the cooing of doves is heard in our land.
from Song of Solomon 2:11-12 (New International Version)

Kay Day said...

I've had spring in Virginia and spring in Kansas City and wow! Gorgeous! Flowers and blossoms and green just pop up over night!
But here, Spring is untamed and rebellious. It's snowy and hot and rainy and windy and warm and cool and marvelously unpredictable. I love Springtime in the Rockies! This is Spring. It is here, even if it snows tomorrow! Just keep your sweaters handy and your eye on the forecast and enjoy the ride!

I know you are tired of the cold. And I get that. I'm just used to this. It will be hot before you know it!

Jan Parrish said...

Though I suffer from allergies, the Lord has given me many promises concerning spring and I am overjoyed to see Spring this year.