Thursday, January 17, 2008

One Wave at a Time




"You only need two loves in your life: for God, and for the person in front of you at any particular time. ---Rev. Elroy Cruz "



It is the most important commandment.

Love God with your whole heart, mind and soul and love your neighbor as yourself.

It is all encompassing.

It is massive.

It is an ocean of intent.

And it is difficult.

But Reverend Cruz's quote helped me.

He took the ocean of intent and broke it into waves of choice.

Each day.

Each moment.

It is simple.

With Christ, it IS doable.

Who is in front of me right now?

My son who needs an extra few minutes of attention?

My husband who needs a back rub?

An angry cashier?

A librarian with sore feet?

Simple waves of choice.

Who is in front of you right now?


(Desha, thank you for the quote)

4 comments:

Kay Day said...

Well, my dog.
But very, very good post. I like that. I tend to think in grand pictures of vast hordes of people whom I want to influence and I keep being reminded that it's one at a time. Starting with the people closest to me.
Thank you, Robbie Jobst. I mean Lobst. I mean, well Yobst. :)

Jan Parrish said...

Just one small act of kindness can change a multitude of events.

Danica Favorite said...

Thanks Robbie. Very nice.

Rose of Sharon said...

Amen sister! What a great post!

:0) Sharon