"I hated every minute of training, but I said, 'Don't quit. Suffer now and live the rest of your life as a champion.'" Muhammad Ali
One week of clean eating detox – this means I’ve only eaten veggies, fruit and meat. No breads, no grains, no processed foods. My coach and advisor through this has been Amy Thedinga - her website is SO informative if you are curious about this: www.amythedinga.com
Observations after one week:
1) The first 3 days were hellish.
2) I have no cravings – but my mind tells me that my pattern is to have bread or drink a coke, so I look for them automatically.
3) To eat clean you need to cook and chop A LOT. I’ve spent more time in the kitchen this week than I have in years.
4) I had no idea how much I live on processed foods. Simple things like Miracle Whip or Peter Pan Peanut Butter or crackers.
5) I am learning about lean proteins. I’ve eaten a lot of chicken and I am trying to discover others.
6) I have found the treasure that is almond butter. And being the food addict I am, I have to tell myself to not sit and eat a whole container at a time.
7) God’s strength is the ONLY way I am continuing to do this.