Wednesday, July 08, 2009

Simple Pleasures Like Taking a Break!



This is my last post until THURSDAY, August 27th!

It is time for me to think through and redefine some things in my writing/speaking career. This includes a possible website and new blog. We'll see. I need some time away from my blog to process, plan and put into action whatever God guides me to do.

Summer is such an important time for me and Noah, too. It is the time of year we play and swim and hang out without any pressure from school or school activities. I love getting up and looking at Noah and saying, "Should we swim?" or "Should we go bowling or a movie?" I love it that Noah has friends in our neighborhood and spends hours with them enjoying "little boyhood." Of course, he would never say it that way. :0)

But now is a time to enjoy the simple pleasures God has for me in my family. While I do that, I'll take time to ask God, "What next?" If you think of me, please pray that I would listen and heed His leadings.

And take some time yourself and enjoy the summer.

10 comments:

Jan Parrish said...

And he will grow up all too fast. Good for you, I'll be praying for God's leading for you.

Cheryl Barker said...

Robbie, what a great photo!

God bless as you spend some time praying, evaluating, and planning -- and having fun with your family!

Diane Marie Shaw said...

Boy is he good looking.
Enjoy your break time. Be refreshed and full to overflowing from your time spent with God and your son.

smithsk said...

I pray Robbie that you will be well rested, enjoy your family, and that the Lord in His quiet voice will lead you to a higher plane in the ministry He has given you.
Susan

tonya said...

I hope your time off gives you time to reflect and ponder where the Lord wants you to go. You have so much to offer people, Robbie. I love your writing.

Taking time off with to spend time with he kiddos is SO important. This is Amanda's last summer where she will be in high school. I can't believe how time has flown by!

Park Chapel Women's Fellowship said...

Hi, Robbie,
Summertime is my favorite time of the year. What a blessing you have to be able to laugh and play and swim and enjoy Noah being a little boy. What fun!
God is sooo good! Your family is well, and whole and joy abounds. What a blessing!
I enjoyed your blog, enjoy your summer!

Blessings,

audrey

Robbie Iobst said...

Thank you Audrey! I love having new readers comment on my blog. If you blog, please let me know so I can visit your site. :0) Bless you!

Jan Parrish said...

Hey, today is the 25th. Where r u? Missing you. (((h)))

Robbie Iobst said...

Thanks for keeping me accountable, Jan!

Jennifer said...

hello Robbie. I enjoyed this story! I got a link to your blog from your brother Phil. He and my husband are in the Denver Soldiers for Jesus. We think the world of Phil. I would like to follow your names of God series! Thank you,
Jennifer L.