Tuesday, June 10, 2008
So the summer has started and I am a bit off balance. Happy, joyful, content, but off balance. So today, in my teeter-tottering frame of mind, I ramble. Hang on and enjoy the ride.
* Yesterday, I believe I was attacked with either sunstroke or sun exhaustion. I usually don't hang out in the direct sun but the soothing rays seduced me and I actually laid out by the pool as Noah and four little boys played. Then I took dear Scooby to the dog park. Afterwards, I couldn't move. Lots of water and 12 hours of sleep later, I feel great.
* I am sitting at WFTJ - my writing group - typing this. I love my writing group. I love my writing group. :0)
* Noah is getting better and better at swimming. He is on a swim team and last Saturday was his second meet. As I watched him freestyle his way down the lane, my heart almost came out of my chest. I was so proud! I gave birth to a fish! Yay!
* My Mom-in-law, JoJo, gave me a cookbook with all sorts of Chicken recipes. So every week I am making one new chicken recipe. This week I made Chicken Veronique. Yep, food network, here I come!
* I just finished the book Marley and Me by Josh Grogan. I loved it!!! I finished it at midnight two nights ago, and cried like a baby. But through a smile. If you haven't read this book, go right now and get it. Since becoming a dog person, yes, it's true, I really, really enjoyed this book.
* Noah and I are both reading every day and loving it. We put a light by his bed so it is SO cute when he goes to bed he says, "Mom, I am going to read for a while before I go to sleep." Yay!
* My sister Karen may come in September. I am so excited!
* I LOVE my husband. Last night, as I suffered from sunstroke, he took care of me and made me laugh even as I thought I was gonna die! Thank you John.
* If you haven't read Megan DiMaria's Searching for Spice, I have to ask you, WHY NOT? It is fun and well written and perfect for a swimming pool summer day. Go buy it!
Well, maybe this week will be more balanced. Oh well, God is in control!